Saturday, January 5, 2013


I'm still working on Laura's blocks. Hope to share the finished quilt very soon! I wanted to share a couple of wall hangings I made as gifts for Christmas this year. One is for our good friends, the Welche's. They served as missionarys on the ranch in Florida. They are special people and their daughter, Lori, was a big inspiration for me and my quilting style! :) And, the other one was for my awesome mother, Sherril Passey. I love A Charlie Brown Christmas and wanted to share that love with people I love! This popular Christmas Special has a sweet Christ centered message and it brings back such warm and peaceful feelings from my childhood. It will always hold a special place in my heart. :)  

They are basically the same but arranged slightly different with slightly different material. They were so fun to make and even more fun to give away! :)     
*Sherilyn*


6 comments:

  1. So cute! Do you have a following? I want to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love these quilts! Would you mind sharing your pattern? The Charlie Brown Christmas brings back such memories of my childhood, and our kids love it as well. Hope you are loving Colorado. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim! Thanks!! I'm working on getting my patterns more "shareable", to where they make sense to others and not just me. haha. I'll keep you posted! We are enjoying Colorado but its cold! waaa!! but we love being closer to our kids and family and other Florida "family"! yay for that! :)I'm still pretty homesick for Florida. Soak in some rays for me... will ya? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the peanuts. The quilt is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this! Reminds me of my childhood as well! My hubby has a Charlie Brown Christmas tree for his office and I would love to make something like this for him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this! Reminds me of my childhood as well. My hubby has a Charlie Brown Christmas tree for his office and I would love to make him something like this!

    ReplyDelete