Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Sneak Peak

I have had a lot of fun creating these patterns for my new Nativity quilt.  

I have had 3 Christmas quilt ideas this year and I'm having a lot of fun making them a reality!  I'm squeezing a Norwegian quilt in between my Christmas quilts. Fun stuff! My friend hired me to make the Norwegian quilt. I'm excited about it and will share my progress on it.  Stay tuned! :)

I'm still "tweaking" the patterns a bit.  But for starters, here they are. :)



We had some really great discussion in seminary this morning. We discussed 2 Nephi 28. The kids came up with some really great questions. A few versus we discussed were 2 Nephi 28:7-9

 Yea, and there shall be many which shall say: aEat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die; and it shall be well with us.
 And there shall also be many which shall say: aEat, drink, and be bmerry; nevertheless, fear God—he will cjustify in committing a little dsin; yea, elie a little, take the advantage of one because of his words, dig a fpit for thy neighbor; there isgno harm in this; and do all these things, for tomorrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God.
 Yea, and there shall be many which shall teach after this manner, afalse and vain and bfoolish cdoctrines, and shall be puffed up in their hearts, and shall seek deep to hide their counsels from the Lord; and their works shall be in the dark.
Satan really wants us to believe that "all is well". He lulls us to sleep and hopes we stay asleep.  He wants us to think that what we are doing is justified, and really not that bad. He wants us to believe that what we are doing is "enough". This chapter also talks about Satan not even wanting us to know he exists.
22 And behold, others he aflattereth away, and telleth them there is no bhell; and he saith unto them: I am no devil, for there is none—and thus he whispereth in their ears, until he grasps them with his awful cchains, from whence there is no deliverance.
A couple of the kids came up with a great, thought provoking question. They asked,
"What types of "good" things can Satan use to lull us away from all that is good and closer to him...all that is evil?"  Satan is so clever and tricky! He just needs to distract us long enough to wrap a few more "flaxen cords" (2 Nephi 26) around us to bind us.  Definitely a lot to ponder in these versus.  I love quilting and reading, which are both good things, but if I'm not careful they can be my "flaxen cords".  I could read and quilt all day but if I'm not using my talent for good and service to others, what good are they?
I joined a quilting guild last night. First time ever!! I'm really excited!! I've been thinking about some great quilts that can be easily, and quickly made and then shared with others.  The guild is a perfect place to generate excitement in helping make these quilts. They already have contacted many places where they can be distributed. Another idea to make a reality! :)
Sherilyn  

No comments:

Post a Comment